BEST PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSOCIATES
• Based on functional matching of the worker’s capabilities to the essential functions and critical job demands; • Has content validity
• Is done with only safe protocols and procedures
• Meets the intent of ADA non-discrimination statements.
Work Hardening is an integral part of the industrial medicine continuum. It is suited to the injured worker who has been out of work for two months or more. The B.E.S.T. Work Hardening Program integrates the four necessary components of work hardening using the kinesiophysical approach: • Work simulation • Physical reconditioning
• Aerobic training
• Education and safety
An ergonomic program cannot be written or instituted without first knowing the scope and nature of the problems.A detailed worksite risk analysis is an essential prerequisite to any ergonomic program. Injury prevention training based on this analysis should also be provided to management and/or workers.Detailed worksite risk analysis is the base line starting point in establishing an effective musculoskeletal injury prevention program.The BEST Associates’ worksite risk analysis program provides the following:
• Detailed list of potential risk factors that may contribute to repetitive strain injuries including tendinitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, cervical and lumbar strain, and other related musculoskeletal disorders.intervention, contributory factors to injury, etc.. impact on the worksite, positively or negatively analyzed.both short-term and long-term solutions including a process for staged implementation. Simple retrofits and/or ergonomic designs are part of the no or low cost solutions we provide.corrective measures and controls. These are both based on need and cost effectiveness.
• Description and explanation of these risks, their priority for
• The functional demands of the jobs are examined and their suggested corrective measures and risk controls including written ergonomic priority plan for implementation of;
The BEST ergonomic team is multidisciplinary, thereby blending knowledge of engineering, ergonomics, physical and occupational therapy to provide no cost or low cost solutions to your company’s high tech problems.
To date. we have completed 21,000 office workstation evaluations.
The B.E.S.T. Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is built on the Kinesiophysical approach–the examination of physical movement in which the subject can work to maximize objective strength during testing without fear of injury. Using this method, the therapist observes body motions, kinesiology, metabolic changes, psychomotor and affective behavior in one evaluation and then correlates physical findings with functional limitations and provides specific solutions. The FCE also provides baseline information to begin a Work Hardening or Work Conditioning Program, as well as helping to determine the return to work status of employees on long time disability.
B.E.S.T. performs functional Capacity Evaluations in our Pelham, New York, facility, as well as our Manhattan located at 116 W. 23rd St.
B.E.S.T. Associates offers one, two, and three-day FCEs. Please contact us to discuss which FCE is best for you or your client.